On these long winter nights, my attention is often drawn inward. Cozying up to a blazing wood stove, I am ready for my favorite topic of contemplation:
“Knowing that my choices will determine my life experience, what life experiences and personal transformation do I want in 2018? More important, what deliberate actions am I willing to take to achieve my goals?”
As the new year begins, I encourage you to take advantage of these quiet winter nights to answer your own soul-searching questions:
- How do you want to be, feel and look in the coming year?
- Have you joined the critical mass of women taking responsibility for their health, perhaps starting with bone health?
- The ancient Chinese proverb notes, “If we keep going in the same direction we will end up right where we are headed.” Where are you headed, and is that the direction you want?
As for me, I’m using the winter’s quietude to reset my sights and plant new seeds, knowing that after a few months of rest, these uplifting initiatives will sprout, bringing joy, growth, and fulfillment in 2018.
Here’s my plan for 2018:
- Working with my colleagues at the Center for Better Bones, we will build an even stronger, more informed tribe of women willing and able to take charge of their bone and overall health.
- I will share my knowledge with women worldwide so they may do what women have done throughout the ages: protect and nurture the fires of health and well-being.
- I’ll offer a new weekly “Wisdom” social media posting for you to consider, respond to, and share with others. Together we can create an uplifting, positive energy capable of moving everyone forward.
- My dedicated team at the Center for Better Bones will make our time-tested Better Bones, Better Body Program more affordable and available to every interested woman through our new community online classes. (More on this coming soon!) Together we’ll transform both the way women themselves,and the medical profession, view and treat bone health concerns.
- Finally, in a spirit of sisterhood and joy, we at the Center for Better Bones are offering “Love Your Bones, Love Your Life,” our first ever 4-day education/inspiration retreat in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, March 2018. (Learn more.) Don’t worry if you can’t attend this time… there will be other retreats!
New Year’s is a logical time of year to appreciate your personal growth and plan for the coming year. I invite you to join me as we create Better Bones and a Better Body in 2018. I’ll be here to support you all along the way.
Together will rewrite the book on women’s bone health!
I’m Dr. Susan Brown. I am a nutritionist, medical anthropologist, writer, and speaker. Get my free weekly newsletter here.