Eating an alkaline diet can produce tremendous results —and I would like to add that it’s not just the latest Hollywood fad like many ways of eating!
Eating alkaline as a long-term approach is simple and something everyone can do. Here are 10 simple tips to get started:
10 simple tips for eating alkaline
1. Eat more veggies and fruits. Even if you don’t go any further down this list, taking this one step can instantly make a huge difference.
2. Reduce soda intake, or eliminate it altogether.
3. Replace refined carbs with roots and gourds.
4. Add fresh lemon and lime to your water. Though we typically think of citrus fruits as acidic, they’re highly alkalizing in the body (limes especially).
5. Consider cooking with sea vegetables. For some of you, I know this is “out of the question!” But if you’re willing to try new ingredients, why not experiment with packaged sea veggies available in the health-food or Asian section of your supermarket?
6. Drink 64 ounces of high-mineral spring water daily.
7. Limit animal protein. Try to limit your animal protein sources (beef, chicken, pork, eggs, and dairy products) to 1 serving or less per day and increase plant-based protein sources.
8. Add cinnamon, ginger, and other herbs and spices.
9. Monitor your urinary pH. Track your first morning urine pH (after at least 6 hours of sleep) to know how your nutritional changes are affecting your body. When this number is between 6.5 (slightly acidic) and 7.5 (slightly alkaline), it suggests that your overall cellular pH is where it should be — slightly alkaline.
10. Supplement your diet with a high-quality multivitamin–mineral complex.No matter how attentive we are to what we eat, where it’s from, and how we dish it up, we can’t always have a perfectly balanced diet. Gain peace of mind with a top-notch bone-healthy supplement.
To learn more about Alkaline for Life products, including my food guide and pH paper, take a look here.