Our vitamin D is the same form that your skin produces naturally when exposed to the sun — cholecalciferol — or “D3.” It comes in a flexible dosage of 1000 IU in the most natural and absorbable form available, so it’s easy to optimize your levels of this “sunshine vitamin.” The latest research shows that a billion people worldwide are deficient in vitamin D, young and old alike, in both northern climates as well as some of the sunniest places on earth. Low levels of vitamin D are linked to osteoporosis and muscle weakness, and life-threatening diseases like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Vitamin D plays a key role in limiting bone breakdown and maintaining bone-critical muscle mass so important for women in or near menopause.
How can vitamin D help you?
- Increases healthy immune function, since immune cells have vitamin D receptors, along with tissues in the brain, prostate, breast, and colon.
- Helps ensure proper absorption and metabolism of calcium, phosphorus, and other nutrients that strengthen bone. Without enough vitamin D, only 10-15% of ingested calcium may be absorbed.
- Promotes proper cell growth because vitamin D controls more than 200 genes directly or indirectly.
- Builds better immunity against colds and seasonal flu.
Our Vitamin D is:
- Made from natural ingredients.
- Laboratory-assayed to ensure quality — the same rigorous standard that is used for pharmaceutical drugs.
- Manufactured in a facility validated by NSF International to meet or exceed all government requirements for good manufacturing practices (the FDA’s GMP’s).
The Center for Better Bones and the Better Bones Foundation
Dr. Susan E. Brown, PhD
605 Franklin Park Drive
East Syracuse, NY 13057
1-315-437-9384 — main
1-877-207-0232 — toll-free
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 9am-4:30pm EST
- Ayurveda for osteoporosis — harnessing the body’s ancient wisdom January 9, 2019
- Osteoporosis 2019: New Year predictions for bone health January 1, 2019
- The wonders of you December 21, 2018
- Thin but strong — determining bone quality in thinner women December 11, 2018
- Mediterranean diet a special help for those with osteoporosis December 3, 2018
- Lessons from our latest retreat — why rest and rejeuvenation matter November 27, 2018
- Muscle loss with aging — are you at risk for sarcopenia? November 17, 2018
- Sweet potatoes’ alkalizing benefits are all in how you prepare them November 7, 2018
- Don’t be fooled: Vitamin D does prevent fracture November 1, 2018
Dr. Brown’s Blog Signup
Weekly wisdom from the woman who builds better bones