Our vitamin D is the same form that your skin produces naturally when exposed to the sun — cholecalciferol — or “D3.” It comes in a flexible dosage of 1000 IU in the most natural and absorbable form available, so it’s easy to optimize your levels of this “sunshine vitamin.” The latest research shows that a billion people worldwide are deficient in vitamin D, young and old alike, in both northern climates as well as some of the sunniest places on earth. Low levels of vitamin D are linked to osteoporosis and muscle weakness, and life-threatening diseases like cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Vitamin D plays a key role in limiting bone breakdown and maintaining bone-critical muscle mass so important for women in or near menopause.
How can vitamin D help you?
- Increases healthy immune function, since immune cells have vitamin D receptors, along with tissues in the brain, prostate, breast, and colon.
- Helps ensure proper absorption and metabolism of calcium, phosphorus, and other nutrients that strengthen bone. Without enough vitamin D, only 10-15% of ingested calcium may be absorbed.
- Promotes proper cell growth because vitamin D controls more than 200 genes directly or indirectly.
- Builds better immunity against colds and seasonal flu.
Our Vitamin D is:
- Made from natural ingredients.
- Laboratory-assayed to ensure quality — the same rigorous standard that is used for pharmaceutical drugs.
- Manufactured in a facility validated by NSF International to meet or exceed all government requirements for good manufacturing practices (the FDA’s GMP’s).
Dr. Susan E. Brown, PhD
605 Franklin Park Drive
East Syracuse, NY 13057
1-877-207-0232 — toll-free
Hours of Operation
- Top questions about a weight vest for Better Bones May 4, 2017
- High perceived stress level increases fracture risk April 18, 2017
- Are you losing too much calcium in your urine? April 14, 2017
- Hidden celiac disease and osteoporosis: Learning from Judy April 10, 2017
- Answers to your top 5 questions about calcium supplements April 4, 2017
- Your FRAX fracture prediction: Take it with a grain of salt March 31, 2017
- What you need to know about the FRAX assessment tool March 31, 2017
- Recipes to help you get the benefits of blackstrap molasses March 9, 2017
- Chromium: A hidden nutrient for bone and energy metabolism February 28, 2017
Dr. Brown’s Blog Signup
Weekly wisdom from the woman who builds better bones