What a year! From the hazards of sitting, to the benefits of watching cat videos to reversing joint damage, we covered a lot of fascinating ground together.
But when I take a look at the year’s top Better Bones blog posts, the most popular topics cover nutrients and foods needed to protect your bones. Here are the top 5 Better Bones blog posts of 2015:
The most popular blog posts according to readers
- Big benefits of MK-7. Getting optimal amounts of vitamin k2 as MK-7 (menaquinone-7) helps to prevent osteoporosis, protect the heart and even reduce overall mortality. Why isn’t MK-7 getting more attention?
- Calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and more. The 7 top nutrients for bone health, what they’re needed for and where to get them. The list may surprise you!
- Benefits of protein for bone health. Too much or too little? Do you know how much protein you should be getting?
- Does milk increase fracture risk? Drinking three or more glasses of milk a day may actually increase the risk for fracture. See what else the researcher discovered.
- How a lack of nutrients harms bone. Get the highlights from the findings from the 9th International Symposium on Nutritional Aspects of Osteoporosis.
All this reader interest in food makes sense to me. After all, eating the right foods and getting the right amount of nutrients is one of the best things you can do for bone health. And, who doesn’t like to eat? You’ll be sure to see more food-focused blogs soon!