Ready to learn my five favorite types of alkalizing drinks? Here they are:
- The lowest calorie, most wholesome beverage is spring water with a high mineral content, such as the European “mineral waters.”
- Juices made of alkalizing vegetables like kale, collards, celery, bok choy, parsley, lettuces, cabbage, and the like are also potent alkalizers containing relatively few calories.
- The “acid-tasting” juices of lemons and limes are transformed through metabolism to alkalizing agents. Thus, the juice of a whole lemon or a whole lime mixed in cold or hot water is an excellent beverage that aids in alkalizing.
- Equally, 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed in water, with or without a bit of honey, helps to alkalize and improve digestion.
- Tea made from fresh ginger root is another favorite low-calorie alkalizing and detoxifying beverage.
Hydrating, refreshing and alkalizing. Now I’ll drink to that!
Our Favorite Alkalizing Drink
Learn More about Dr.Brown’s Alkaline for Life Diet